The motto of Beachside Tourism says it all!
Our members are passionate about the Mornington Peninsula, with all it has
to offer, and the protection of its beautiful environment.
We cover the southern end of the Mornington Peninsula, from Safety Beach, down past Dromana, Rosebud & Rye to Sorrento & Portsea.
Our members come from a huge diversity
of businesses - retailers, accommodation providers including B&Bs, hotels
and motels, tour operators, water activities, booking agencies, recreational
activities, golf etc.
- Monthly meetings in a friendly and collegiate atmosphere followed by
Dinner to further network & socialize
- Relevant guest speakers on topics of local and environmental
- Networking across the tourism sector
- Promotion via the Association's Website
- Banners produced to promote our Association at various tourism
shows, both in Victoria and interstate
- Familiarisation tours to see other members' businesses
- Social gatherings including the Christmas & the post-season "Recovery" Party
Beachside Tourism has initiated a number of exciting projects which
enhance the information available to tourists and residents alike.
- Tourist Information Centre at Sorrento - fully staffed by Beachside Association volunteers
- Tourist Information Display at Rosebud
- Tear-off tourist map of the Southern Peninsula - the first of its kind
for the Peninsula... ask for a copy!
- Accommodation Guide of all members
- Attraction and Activities Guide of all members
- Website showcasing all members to the public, and sharing information between members
- Participating in Board Meetings at Mornington Peninsula Tourism, the official tourism body for the whole region
- Assisted Mornington Peninsula Tourism with up-to-date information
boards at Sorrento and Rye
- Involvement in the Community
- Beachside members are concerned about supporting their local
community in a tangible way. Over the past six years we have
- Assisted the Uncle Bob's Club by providing lunch to the volunteers
during the annual Children's Hospital Good Friday Appeal
- Consulted with the Victorian Channels Authority re the Channel
- Supported National Parks Association and Heritage Australia in their
expressions of interest process for the Point Nepean quarantine land
- Established the "Bernard Clarke Memorial Award" which is presented
annually to one of our members for exceptional contributions to tourism
during the year
We are committed to assisting members in whatever way we can and all
members are encouraged to attend & have input at both committee & general
meetings that are held monthly.
Join us now! Membership of Beachside Tourism ensures a supportive and
nurturing community for local tourism operators. For further information
about Mornington Peninsula Beachside Tourism, please email...